My Secret to keep my head on straight with time organization 🙂
*Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
With this blog post, I will teach you my secret to time organization!
I am in the “unemployed due to COVID” group of this pandemic- which has definitely added some extra stress to everyday life.
Fast forward a few months from March, and I started attending online school, because I’m just sitting at home, so why not? The semester I started school was in the summer, aka an accelerated semester. Then, amidst starting school, I decided to try blogging! Which is so fun, but also a TON of work- learning how to code and create a site completely from scratch with no prior knowledge isn’t the easiest. I spent hours on homework each week, then every other second trying to learn as much as I could about blogging. Meanwhile, my house was a mess, I wasn’t eating properly, I stopped exercising…
I had to figure out a different way to space out my days so that I wasn’t crazy overwhelmed- Here’s where time-organization comes in!
I sat down and wrote out all the things I wanted to get done each day. Then I wrote out what time I go to bed (my husband doesn’t get home from work until Midnight, so I usually don’t go to bed until 1am), and what time I wake up (usually between 8am and 9:30am). Then I filled those times in with each task into a time block.
Here is what I came up with:
- 8-9:30 Walk the dogs, make the bed, and wash my face
- 9:30-10:30 Mediate, read a chapter of my manifestation book, and practice my affirmations
- 10:30-11:30 Shower and eat something- make sure to drink water!
- 11:30-12:30 Time to run errands if I have any
- 12:30-3:30 School work
- 3:30-4:30 Eat something and drink water!
- 4:30-6:30 Clean the house (since I started giving myself specific time each day, my house remains spotless!)
- 6:30-9:30 Work on my blog; whether that be learning a course, or trying to make my site even better!
- 9:30-10:30 Free time to do whatever I want (feed the dogs!)
- 10:30-11:30 I make dinner and my husband’s lunch for the next day
- 11:30-12:30 Eat dinner and go to bed
So that’s how I use time blocks in my day to make sure everything gets done!
If there’s a day where my husband and I decide to do something during the week, I will think ahead and try to coordinate the next day. I will also stop throughout the day if I think of something (say I’m walking my dogs, and I think of a blog idea), I will write that down in my notes on my phone or a post-it and come back to it at the appropriate block. I hope this can help other ladies like me who struggle with always feeling like there’s too much to do! You can do it, I promise!
Here are some things that can make time organization easier!
A day/month planner! This one starts Jan 2021 so it’s the perfect time to prep for your most organized year yet!
I LOVE these highlighters! One side is a slanted tip, and the other side is a fine tip! Color coding definitely helps me a ton.
I actually have started keeping post its in my purse to jot down notes for me to check out at the appropriate time 🙂
– Jordan <3